Betta Bred

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Betta Bred

+7
aly_starh
MandyD
Nina
Haych
Bettanut
Storm
Teri
11 posters

My breeding diary.. Pic added

Time-Out
    Time-Out
    green marble butterfly

My breeding diary.. Pic added  - Page 2 Empty Re: My breeding diary.. Pic added

Post by Time-Out Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Did you put your fist through the tank?
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Time-Out wrote:Did you put your fist through the tank?

lol not quite.......... Smile
    Storm
    Admin

Post by Storm Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:11 pm

lol
    MandyD
    MandyD
    orange rose tail

Post by MandyD Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Awww sorry hun. Hope the next one is succesful x
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks hun Smile
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:27 am

Just been back out to check what is going on.. I have spotted maybe 10 or so round things eggs? that seem to be just floating around in a big air pocket under the bubble wrap.. I cant work out if they are just air bubbles or not..

Does anyone have a very clear picture of some eggs in a nest that they could please post up to show us newbies what we are supposed to be seeing?

Editing this as what I should have said was.. I cant work out if they are bubbles or eggs as they arent in a cluster so unable to see if they are opaque or not.. If that makes sense now lol
    kel
    kel
    Admin

Post by kel Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:29 am

best I can find where it doesn't just look like a mass of bubbles.

atleast you can see the colour difference

My breeding diary.. Pic added  - Page 2 Breed+betta+fish5
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:58 am

Thanks hun, that makes me think even more now that mine are just bubbles. But I will leave him be for a few days and see what happens Sad
    Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Post by Chard56 Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Here's a couple side views. I use a bare bulb lamp and strong reading glasses to check for eggs.My breeding diary.. Pic added  - Page 2 Dsc00823My breeding diary.. Pic added  - Page 2 101_be38Just click on the image to enlarge.
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks Chard, I have checked mine again this morning and I am pretty sure now there are no eggs.. So gonna be setting up the new breeder tank over the weekend to try a different pair Smile
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:53 am

Well this is turning out to be a real roller coaster ride with my diary... After checking again and still convinced that was no eggs, I decided to clean the floor of his tank a little bit, it was disgusting.
    So there was my busy with my syphon tube and looks over and he is going ballistic under the nest. I get the mag glass out and have another look to see what he is doing and guesss what??

I have eggs!!!! He was busy putting them back up into the nest. I still can not see them for looking, but I know there are there Smile

I would just like to say a big thankyou to Kel, who has had to put up with me on the phone for ages going through everything over and over again.. Thanks hunnie x
    magzmoir
    magzmoir
    king crown

Post by magzmoir Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:00 am

Thats great to hear Smile Im glad youve got somthing for your efforts here, lets hope your little guy does his stuff !
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:02 am

Thanks hun, I was absolutly convinced that this was a failed spawn, but guess he had other ideas Smile
    Bettanut
    Bettanut
    orange rose tail

Post by Bettanut Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:43 am

Yay, it finally happened. Congrats My breeding diary.. Pic added  - Page 2 Icon_smile
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:52 am

Thanks Ali Smile
    Storm
    Admin

Post by Storm Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:02 am

AWWWWWWWWW great news teri hun Smile
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:11 am

Thanks babes Smile
    MandyD
    MandyD
    orange rose tail

Post by MandyD Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:13 am

Think it's my time round yours now to pretend to see babies I cant really Suspect PMSL!

Seriously Im dead chuffed, gonna be a whole lot of babies soon on the forum!
    Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Post by Chard56 Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:58 pm

That's it! I'm taking the bums, the no good lay abouts; the no bubble blowing losers and the feet (or fin) dragging lolligaggers and put them back in jars and start with some fresh meat. I'm glad you have eggs. I get tickled every time I read about a new spawn. I guess I'll have to get out the whip on mine.
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:37 pm

Lol Chard, I am sure yours will get down to it soon..
    My other tank is being set up so that I can get that running ready for the next pair, which will be my dragons.
    Storm
    Admin

Post by Storm Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:31 pm

Any babies yet Smile
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:57 pm

little bitty things that have big boggy black eyes keep falling from the nest!! Looks like the babies have arrived Smile
    Dad is doing a really good job of looking after them, cant wait now till they get bigger to see what we get Smile
    Storm
    Admin

Post by Storm Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:58 pm

awwwww cool, and you though dad ate them. We need pics
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:01 am

Pics?? Pics?? I cant see them not alone take pics of them!!!! Lmfao..

I will try but the cont that they are in is a frosted kind of plastic, so not the best to take pics through Sad
    Storm
    Admin

Post by Storm Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:02 am

more pics

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:02 pm