Betta Bred

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Betta Bred

+7
Lilfishie
2tall
fuzzynicki
damo2904
kel
dawn_bettas
Nataliey
11 posters

9 new females & a male

Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

9 new females & a male - Page 2 Empty Re: 9 new females & a male

Post by Nataliey Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:26 pm

Time-Out wrote:Ugh I'm sorry to hear you lost so many so quickly. I was going to comment on the fish/kids thing, but I guess kids don't die so easily, so they must be easier to keep!

I guess that's what happens when shops don't quarantine new arrivals. Do you not have a spare tank, Nat, that you could use as quarantine? It's always best practice to segregate new fish for a minimum of 14 days, especially when going in with other fish.
    If they'd just had these arrive, then the fish could have been ill for a number of reasons: from the breeder, from the stress of shipping, from the less than ideal water conditions at the shop, being subjected to a bacteria they are not immune to, or even from the frequent change of conditions (breeder - bag - shop - bag - your tank, all within a couple of days).

Thanks Time, kids are definately easier to keep even though they can answer back,lol!

They'd had them a few weeks as Kalandrajane told me about the shipment, i need to remedicate the tank this evening so im hoping that all the others pull through, looked at them this morning and the others are starting to break out in the white spots!

I do have a spare tank and should've quarentined them in that i dont know why i didnt...silly really.

Mazza101
    Mazza101
    hmpk

9 new females & a male - Page 2 Empty Re: 9 new females & a male

Post by Mazza101 Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:40 am

Nataliey wrote:
    I do have a spare tank and should've quarentined them in that i dont know why i didnt...silly really.

Don't beat yourself up about it, I know how exciting it is when you first get a fish and all you want to do is introduce it properly into its new home. At least something serious like this will force you into a 'better' routine of introducing new fish and it won't happen again! Smile

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:50 pm