Betta Bred

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Betta Bred

+2
2tall
EssAhh
6 posters

1st Spawn

EssAhh
    wriggler

1st Spawn Empty 1st Spawn

Post by EssAhh Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:24 am

After long awaiting this i have finally decided to spawn my HMCT male

1st Spawn Dsc00813[/code] with my HM female sorry havent got a photo
    EssAhh
    wriggler

1st Spawn Empty Re: 1st Spawn

Post by EssAhh Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:46 am

Yesterday morning they began to spawn as i opened the curtains, At first the male didnt no what he was doing as when he wrapped her he didnt collect the eggs that fell but the female did and started blowing them into the nest. After a while he got the hang of it.
    To my shock and horror when i came back a few hours later and looked in the tank and the nest had been destroyed (KIDS DID IT) and the eggs were stuck to the top of the polostyrene out of the water for how long im not sure. i pushed them bk under the water and poured water on it to get the rest of the eggs off it and took it out of the water. left him alone for a couple off hours and to my amazment he had collected all the eggs from the floor and put them bk in what of the nest was left. Have been fretting all night thinking what will happen to them and if the will hatch
    This afternoon i looked int the tank and ive noticed that the eggs have little tails on them does this mean they are going to be ok or does this mean they have hatched? im not to sure so any feedback would be much appreciated
    2tall
    2tall
    black dragon

Post by 2tall Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:07 am

I hope there are survivors!
    wassy82
    wassy82
    king crown

Post by wassy82 Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:08 am

good look.and its on your side by the sounds of it Smile
    EssAhh
    wriggler

Post by EssAhh Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:19 am

wassy82 wrote:good look.and its on your side by the sounds of it Smile
    i think luck really was on my side as this morning i woke up and sin alot of babies swimming bk to the nest have got videos but i dont have a youtube account and the camera i have isnt that great to get those close up photos
    2tall
    2tall
    black dragon

Post by 2tall Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:37 am

Hoping all goes well for you and the little ones! Smile
    EssAhh
    wriggler

Post by EssAhh Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:03 am

2tall wrote:Hoping all goes well for you and the little ones! Smile

thanks 2tall the nest has spead and now covers the whole tank not as many babies as there were on monday but they all seem to be lying around on the floor and not moving some of them try to swim bk 2 the top but dont stay there and then just fall to the ground does this mean the ones that are not moving are dead? also i think im going to start feeding them micro worms tomorrow as its the forth day but if they are not swimming around is there any point?
    wassy82
    wassy82
    king crown

Post by wassy82 Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:20 am

EssAhh wrote:
    2tall wrote:Hoping all goes well for you and the little ones! Smile

thanks 2tall the nest has spead and now covers the whole tank not as many babies as there were on monday but they all seem to be lying around on the floor and not moving some of them try to swim bk 2 the top but dont stay there and then just fall to the ground does this mean the ones that are not moving are dead? also i think im going to start feeding them micro worms tomorrow as its the forth day but if they are not swimming around is there any point?

when did you remove the male??i fear the ones that are not moving have drowned??
    Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Post by Chard56 Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:51 pm

If you have fry at the bottom at this stage you need to lower the water level to about 3 inches or less if you can do that and still keep the temperature the same at around 78, 80 degrees fahrenheit or 26, 27 celcius. That way if they are weak they wont wear themselves out swimming to the surface for air as their labirynths develop.
    EssAhh
    wriggler

Post by EssAhh Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Chard56 wrote:If you have fry at the bottom at this stage you need to lower the water level to about 3 inches or less if you can do that and still keep the temperature the same at around 78, 80 degrees fahrenheit or 26, 27 celcius. That way if they are weak they wont wear themselves out swimming to the surface for air as their labirynths develop.

ive done that thank you chard but i think it myt b 2 late as i only c 1 baby swimming around and the rest are stil just lying there
    kel
    kel
    Admin

Post by kel Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:25 pm

they may still perk up... usually the male would collect them off the floor and put them back in the nest.

at around day 3-4 they should start to swim horizontally and become more active, this is also when you normally remove the male and start the food.

once they get a bit of food you might find more of them become active.
    EssAhh
    wriggler

Post by EssAhh Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:37 pm

thanks kel lets hope it works i took the male out last night as it lookd like he was eating them and i only sin around 30 fry
    Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

Post by Nataliey Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:52 am

Good luck hope the fry are okay
    EssAhh
    wriggler

Post by EssAhh Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:00 am

Nataliey wrote:Good luck hope the fry are okay

thanks nat but it might just be to late as i just fed them but they are not reacting
    Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

Post by Nataliey Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:45 am

EssAhh wrote:
    Nataliey wrote:Good luck hope the fry are okay

thanks nat but it might just be to late as i just fed them but they are not reacting

Thats bad news...sorry Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:58 pm