Betta Bred

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Betta Bred

+2
Time-Out
Drew
6 posters

Introducing my bettas

Drew
    wriggler

Introducing my bettas Empty Introducing my bettas

Post by Drew Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:44 am

Just a few pics of my boys and girls

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Time-Out
    Time-Out
    green marble butterfly

Introducing my bettas Empty Re: Introducing my bettas

Post by Time-Out Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:02 pm

I love the green shine on the first, and the second looks like he has the crossover gene! I've never been able to find one with that. Where did you get him from?
    Lilfishie
    Lilfishie
    feathertail

Post by Lilfishie Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:45 am

all true beauts Drew!
    Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

Post by Nataliey Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 am

Gorgeous bettas, im interested to know where you got them from too...

I see you are in bolton not far from me then. Very Happy
    KalandraJane
    KalandraJane
    hmpk

Post by KalandraJane Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:46 am

Near to me too Smile

Lovely fish, the boy at the top is gorgeous.
    Drew
    wriggler

Post by Drew Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi everyone i hope i get this post right its the 5th time iv tried to reply to your questions hear goes

I bought both my both blue boys from amazon aquatics in leigh a great little shop that i stumbled across on the hunt for bettas on my first vist there they have quite a few females of reds n blues wild types n some greens n lemon and cream coloured ones all differant tail types n only two male vail tails males that i wasnt that keen on n the owner said he could get other types in so i asked him could he get crowntails in as i had yet to see one in the flesh n he said to come back the week after n they would be in .I wasnt getting my hopes up as i been promiced the world buy most little lfs near me . the week after i went back to the shop to find out the onwer was true to his word n they had got five crown tails males in n well my mind was blown away as i had only ever seen them on the internet everyone of them were stunning so i picked both my boys n i was even more shocked wen the owner said it would be nine pounds for them both .

my black orchid male i got off ebay he was advertised as a CRCT to be honest i dont have a clue what that means (if some one could take the time to explane id be greatfull) all i knew he was lush n he belonged with me not on ebay so i bought him and a matching female in the hope i could try and breed them then the nightmere began of i hope they are goin to be ok in the post they wernt they arrived in half a box with foot prints all over it think my posties like abit of football sadly i lost the female so emailed the seller if he had another female to go with him no joy so i was lookin through ebay to see if there were any more black orchid females on not a sniff of one about so on the off chance i emailed one of the other sellers on ebay that had black orchid male listed day after got a reply saying he had one n if i would got to his site i could look at the pic of her well james at bettaboys thankyou i end up getting her plus a copper halfmoon male na copper half moon female seamed a shame for her to travel alone but before i paid i thought best do some reserch on betta boy n thats when i found this forum n all the post on them was great so i placed me order with n explaned about my postie not to worry they be ok well they arrived box labled up on opening them heat pack still warm more than enough packing it was like xmas first one out the box my copper male happy very then shock throught i had ordered two female s bettas not bettas crossed hippos there ladies are large n stunning such lovely betta they have there n very help full.

My other betta females i got from pier aquatics in wigan i think one might be a male hope you can help id them for me or she could be a bossy lass not to sure not got all my pic s up yet as the ones i have posted are the only good one i have got out of two sets of batterys in my camera .

my red n white dragon n my giant well i think hes a giant i got from madianhead aquacits after spoting natalieys post i read she was from wigan n she had posted that they have real nice bettas so i went to have a look around n there wasnt a one in the shop so i asked if they could get giant bettas n the lady said she could so i ended up with him n the little red n white dragon real helpful there .

i have just set up my breeding tank and i going to try my black orchids together this week am bit nervous about it as first time trying to spawn bettas just hope they are a good match

i have a question hope u can help could anyone tell me what type of bettas id get if i bred my blue n red giant with my copper halfmoon female eg colour s n tail type please thanks drew
    Drew
    wriggler

Post by Drew Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:34 pm

these are my other to males copper halfmoon male form bettaboys hed bitten his tail in the post but its growing back really well and eyebrows iv had for a couple of years now

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

Post by Nataliey Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Wow Drew, all the places mentioned iv been to, Pier aquatics last time i went had lots of females and i bought 9 for £20. My green dragon is from Pier aquatics also. Very nice lfs dont you think but not always have bettas, iv had a couple of problems with them but all in all they arent too bad.

Amazon Aquatics is a small shop but again they do as they say iv not been there for a while even though its only half an hour away from where i live in Wigan. All the bettas iv bought from there have been stunning i think my favoutire male iv bought there was a lemon yellow crowntail...gorgeous he was and i agree my jaw dropped to the floor when i realised how cheap their quality bettas are.

Maidenhead aqautics i just love this shop they've managed to get everything i wanted and have always said to me if anything iv ordered isnt quite right its fine i dont need to have.
    I went 2 weeks ago not for any bettas but to order some fish and they've said no problem...im after some long finned BN's (a pair) and some Killifish.

Betta boys iv never had a problem with, im actually getting some today very excited as iv got a pair of yellow halfmoons to breed. I agree the females are the biggest iv seen but very healthy.

CRCT i think is Cross Ray Crowntail and its gorgeous iv never actually seen any in flesh but yours is stunning nice find.

I love all your bettas pictured but my favourite is pic 5 the HMPK i have a soft spot for this tail type Very Happy

Can you recommend any lfs's in Bolton that sell quality bettas??

Oh and i forgot to say there's a man selling some of his bettas in wigan the only thing is you need to go pick them up he explained to me that he's trying to down size as he's going into hospital and his wife will be looking after the fish so thats the reason behind it, if you are interested here's the link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He had 3 gorgeous males for sale that he'd bred to get the females in the link above, i would've had some but iv got spaces only ready for the boys im getting today, or i would've done. He says he's near the Reebok WN1 area.
    KalandraJane
    KalandraJane
    hmpk

Post by KalandraJane Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:19 am

I had two from Amazon Aquatics, both crowntails, a pink one and a beautiful orange with blue eyes <3 unfortunately both were lost in the huge virus wipeout I had in my divided tank this Summer Sad lovely fish but I don't appreciate them keeping them in jam jars in the shop, hopefully their turnover is fast enough that they don't have to remain there long. I might have to pop over again!

Oh dear... Pier Aquatics... I used to be a very regular customer but not any more. The virus that wiped my tanks came from there, and when I mentioned it to the owner I got a nasty mouthful. We were in every week, and bought so much stock from him. The last two bettas I got there (one of which was the virus carrier) refused to eat anything but live food. I was also told that they used jarred bettas as table decor at their wedding... I can't trust anyone who would put fish in such a stressful situation.

All your fish are lovely Drew. What do you think of BAS in Bolton for bettas? Their barracks system is awful as it allows them to jump into each other's containers and fight, but I've had some lovely fish from there including my new giant male and my platinum pink HMPK.
    fuzzynicki
    halfmoon

Post by fuzzynicki Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:21 am

Super bettas you have there Drew! All very lovely Smile I am a very big fan of bettaboys! They have a few fans on here! Their girls are always huge!!! Good luck with your breeding plans. Nat (and Siobhan) will be able to give you lots of tips if needed Very Happy
    Drew
    wriggler

Post by Drew Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:15 am

hi to all i cant really recommend any lfs in bolton to be honest there so hit n miss to be fair i do use BAS to buy my fish food n thats only when iv forgot to order on line and to be fair there not that cheap n youd best to treat all stock bought asap but its sorta been run down for quite awhile they are trying to refit it out n i hope that one day it will be as good as was when it was called daves it had a real go turn over then i could spend a full day just lookin at all the stock unlike now when i go in have a quick look at the small tank s in the top corner near the arfull bettas tanks because if your lucky u may find sumthing a custmor has brought in in good health other than BAS i did use pets at home in town they had a fella in the fish department that really new his trade n i had sum real nice healthy tropicals from ther tank spotless all the time n regular water changes on the tanks but sadly they moved him on for training else where n well he will be missed as its not been long since he move on but it has gone down hill since . I use a little shop in leyland most of the time called aquqlife n its great they do have only a small shop most of the tanks will afew differant spices in each tank they have a good turn over each week n its allways busy very helpfull staff they will order u things in u need n pretty quickley as well they have lots of new on the seen tropical fish mainley cat of all types some of the best rams n true endlers ive seen local to me n they good for shrimps aswell the plants are really good in all worth the petrol id rather pay five quid in fuel to go there than risk health issues in my tank s buying in bolton . pier aquqtics is a new shop to me n only having been a few time i cant really say much the fish i have had from there have be great n in good health i know they keep there bettas in cd tubs but to be honest id rather they kept like that than in barracs like BAS then if one betta become ill its confined to just that one fish in stead of it spreding through them all n there no chance of them fighting it save s all the others from stuffering i think . i really like maiden head in wigan only been a few time had three bettas from them n all i can say is its a great shop staff are so helpfull in any questins u have n they have some lovely stock in when iv been there .
    Drew
    wriggler

Post by Drew Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:25 am

hi Nataliey thanks for the link for female bettas sadly i didnt see it in time n it had ended thank you for the heads ups anyway drew
    Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

Post by Nataliey Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:52 am

Drew wrote:hi Nataliey thanks for the link for female bettas sadly i didnt see it in time n it had ended thank you for the heads ups anyway drew

The man said that if i wanted any after the auction had finished just message him, but i really cant risk getting juvenile females as they could turn out to be males...really dont have the space for any more males until i get my 2 ordered 2ft tanks and then get them divided.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:42 pm