Betta Bred

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Betta Bred

4 posters

why hello there!

artiwaz
    wriggler

why hello there! Empty why hello there!

Post by artiwaz Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:40 am

Hi! I'm relatively new to betta, well, sort of. I've had a betta or two in the past and enjoyed them but this is the first time i've become really interested in possibly showing and breeding them. I've been lurking on this site and reading quite a bit but I have a TON of questions and I hope to get answers/feedback from y'all. I currently have a few pet store betta (I know i know, i read the post on cup betta but these are what brought me to appreciate them in the first place. Wont make that mistake again!). They are all in 2 gallon individual tanks and they are just lovely to watch. i just started feeding them rinsed brine shrimp and it has brought out a whole new side of them.

So that's what brought me here, I really think i'd like some fancier/showy-er fish, and I'm very curious about breeding them. I'd like to get to know more about them and find out if this hobby is something i'd like to pursue or if i just want to enjoy a quality fish or two. Either way, i've got the bug. I'm trying to learn about the standards for different kinds of betta, particularly half-moon. How do i evaluate a fish?

Well I'll wrap up here, I'm so glad I stumbled on this website!

peace Very Happy
    2tall
    2tall
    black dragon

why hello there! Empty Re: why hello there!

Post by 2tall Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi & welcome!

I don't know where you are, but you are in luck as there are breeders on both sides of the pond. And of course there is always Aquabid which I visit quite frequently just to look. I
    don't know if I'll ever order though.

Plenty of nice people to answer your questions here.

kel
    kel
    Admin

Post by kel Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:19 am

welcome art,
    don't feel to bad about the cup betta, thats how I started too!

need questions answered then just ask,there's plenty of breeders here who will help you as best they can Wink
    Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

Post by Nataliey Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:32 am

Hello and welcome, this is definately the place to be for betta questions and answers lots of friendly people full of help and advise Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:45 pm