Betta Bred

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Betta Bred

+2
Nina
Nataliey
6 posters

I bought new girls today

Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

I bought new girls today Empty I bought new girls today

Post by Nataliey Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:53 am

Went out this morning for a couple of things as we where away last week but had no food last night and girls where moaning that there was nothing to eat!! Suspect

Soooo when my hubby asked if there was anywhere else i wanted to go i said well can we go look at the fish pleeeaseeeee!!!
    Off we went to my lfs and couldnt resist the females in there again. Not as many different colours this time BUT i fell in love with a black/cellophane female straight away shes gorgeous, here she is: (very lively though so quite hard to get a non-blurry photo) Laughing
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I looked in the other female tank and there was a small female a peach color body with cellophane fins with red patches, shes gorgeous too, she is a poser!

I wasnt going to buy anymore but another female caught my eye in the shop she looked black with gold scales gorgeous colouring, when i got her home and looked at her she wasnt black anymore she looked all gold which i thought was weird but shes a stunner and so glad i bought her. Here she is: (She pushes the others out the way if she sees the camera, so she can pose!)
    This is them in their new home (swapped Haku into the other rectangle tank and the girls are in the hexagon tank - thought it would be neutral ground as none of them have been in there before)

Are all the females VT's??
    Nina
    Nina
    white hmpk

I bought new girls today Empty Re: I bought new girls today

Post by Nina Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:17 am

awww you bad girl hahaa pretty fishies tho hun love the last one!
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:18 am

I love the last one too, she looks like my dragon girlie Smile
    MandyD
    MandyD
    orange rose tail

Post by MandyD Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:13 am

Let's see if I can get this right LOL The middle clear one looks like she has 4 rays which would make her a hm? Cant tell on the other two, still learning LOL Be interested to see if I got it right though! Very Happy
    Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

Post by Nataliey Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:21 am

Thanks everyone, the last one i wasnt supposed to get but loved her when i noticed her shiney scales. No names as yet though, thinking of calling the peach bodied girl Tiny...she's the smallest out of the 6 girls i have.
    Storm
    Admin

Post by Storm Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:50 am

Great fishies there.
    Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

Post by Nataliey Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:11 am

If i said that the black female acted a little strange before i put her in the tank with the 5 other females would anyone think the same as i do...mmm. Ok before putting them in their tank i placed the bag beside Haku's tank (male betta) and the black female started to go wild, as in flaring at Haku and biting the bag.
    Iv not seen her white spot yet as she wont keep still long enough...shes a lot bigger than the others and has a different shaped head.
    I dont know if i can say but on another forum site people have actually mentioned to me that she looks kinda boyish!
    Am i reading in between the lines??

She's not mean to the other 5 females in there an odd nip here and there but dont they all!!
    Im hoping she is a she as at the moment iv not got any room to house another male. Suspect
    Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Post by Chard56 Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:23 pm

My first impression when I saw the black one was that it looked just like my Gold Plakat male's body shape and the bottom is like the double bump male anus/sex organ looking thing instead of an egg tube sticking out. That Gold female has wonderful Dragon scales. I would love to introduce her to my Red/Gold Dragon male
    MandyD
    MandyD
    orange rose tail

Post by MandyD Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:15 pm

It's not impossible, the shops sell plakat boys as girls without realising, so it's very possible I suppose. Just keep an eye on her/him, but bear in mind that females can flare too Very Happy
    Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

Post by Nataliey Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:36 pm

Looked again this morning, can see something under there but not sure what as the ventral fins are white and in the way.

Yeah i know females can flare but her/his flares seem to be quite wide (lovely flare though, black and clear)

Also Sen my red female since she's been in the tank she's had her stress lines all the time. I put them all in at the same time.

Il keep an eye out Suspect
    Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

Post by Nataliey Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:32 am

Iv been keeping an eye out all day and its been worth my while as iv finally seen her white spot, very happy now, she can finally be named.
    Storm
    Admin

Post by Storm Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:51 am

Great Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:28 am