Betta Bred

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Betta Bred

+2
Time-Out
Chard56
6 posters

Deleted Auctions

Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Deleted Auctions Empty Deleted Auctions

Post by Chard56 Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:18 pm

I had these posted on Aquabid and the more time went by and I added new pictures to their auctions the more I thought, "If I sell these what am I going to have left to breed?" I think they are gorgeous and would make good breeders so I deleted their auctions. Here for your viewing pleasure I present my next generation of breeders. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]I just love the color on this pair of Blue marbles.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]I could use the money but I'd lose some (I think) really good fish. Besides I have another 100 males and that many or more females to post as they grow their fins out.
    Time-Out
    Time-Out
    green marble butterfly

Deleted Auctions Empty Re: Deleted Auctions

Post by Time-Out Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Ooo your first one looks a bit like an adult version of one I've got growing at the moment. I'm very excited about him. He looks like he'll be more of a half-sun than yours, though.
    I love the copper female. Branson isn't on my list of places to go when I next go to the States, but I might have to add just to nab her from you!
    Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Post by Chard56 Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:47 am

That picture of the Copper/Black is a month old (he) is spawning with a sibling Copper/Red sister at the moment. He is sold and going to be shipped as soon as I get my warmer packs in. I thought I'd get some fry out of him while I can. I was trying to spawn one of my Blue Devils and couldn't take pics but the females aren't cooperating so I took him out of the spawning tank for a few snap shots. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]@ Time-out, I have several lines of Copper going so lots to chose from when you come across the big pond!
    MandyD
    MandyD
    orange rose tail

Post by MandyD Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Oh wow Chard, that blue/red one is stunning! As is your avatar one, and the other OMG how on earth could you choose! i can see why yoiu took them off x
    Teri
    Teri
    red double tail

Post by Teri Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:43 pm

As usual, stunning fish.. Bought time you figured out how to send them to me!!!!!
    Time-Out
    Time-Out
    green marble butterfly

Post by Time-Out Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Sorry Embarassed his anal fin looks a little feminine lol
    Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Post by Chard56 Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:38 am

He looks more like a he now that he's grown out more. I'll get some better pics when I take him away from his fry. I'm just glad to finally have some decent stock to chose from. The best part is that I raised them and can pick & choose what I think to be the best and what line or color or shape I want to continue breeding. There are several that I'd like to pursue but I don't have the room or time for all of them
    Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Post by Chard56 Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:49 pm

How did I miss these? I change there water at least twice a week I must not been using my glasses for a few water changes. These guys just blossomed over night. The last I remember they weren't grown out much more than Plakats fins.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]I need to have these to sell around the 4th of July. Or maybe make the Thai breeders jealous as that's the Thai flag colors too. This last one looks like I left my grape Kool-aid out and all the ice melted watering it down.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    silverrabbit
    silverrabbit
    red butterfly

Post by silverrabbit Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:32 am

WOW that last lot and the blue marbles are my faves Very Happy
    Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Post by Chard56 Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:56 am

Time-Out wrote:Sorry Embarassed his anal fin looks a little feminine lol
    I went to check on him this morning and he was fat so I pulled him. There are over a dozen fry left that he didn't eat. I'm having second thoughts now about selling him but I don't have one that looks like him. I'll just wait and see what these few fry look like in 4 months. Here's new pics.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    kel
    kel
    Admin

Post by kel Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:10 pm

He's gorgeous!

You have to keep him!
    Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Post by Chard56 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:52 am

He's already sold, I don't want to back out on the deal. A woman about 40 or 50 miles north of me bought him and a sibling female. I told her as soon as my heat packs come in I'd send them. I do have a smaller short body male with similar coloring though. I just wasn't expecting that much response to him or I would have persued that strain more. He didn't look like much when I first posted and she asked about him. Here's the other one:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]I guess I'll have to wait 4 months and see what the fry grow out to be. Maybe I'll cross some with my Gold line to try and get Black Gold Halfmoons, I think they would be pretty high dollar on Aquabid. I have this little guy listed at $25 and have had a couple inquiries on him.
    kel
    kel
    Admin

Post by kel Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:56 am

other one doesn't come close! bit of a hunch back, colour not as even nor the tail width but still potential when you can pair right.

If you've got some more from this lot, def hold on to a few, a line worth spending time on! Wink

define the 4 rays, sharpen the caudal edges, streamline body, then work darkest with a light, you're going to have top show grade... possibly loads in the next gen. if you can match everthing or compensate for each fish's flaws in a pair match.

the mid sized fry usually give you the best form and finnage

You're doing great hun!

Congratulations!
    You are well getting close to beating the thai's at their own game! Wink
    Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Post by Chard56 Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 am

Wow Kel, I think my hat just went up a couple sizes!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:33 am