Betta Bred

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Betta Bred

+3
kel
Chard56
kazzabaileyanna
7 posters

Hi all.....

kazzabaileyanna
    kazzabaileyanna
    plakat

Hi all..... Empty Hi all.....

Post by kazzabaileyanna Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:45 am

Hi, I just thought I would introduce myself, and just ask if anyone knows/or has any bettas for sale, I was looking at some on ebay.. but im new to getting bettas and would really rather get them from a site like this where I know what im getting and with people that can help.

Ive kept fish for years ever since I was Tiny, I just though I would fill every one in on my fish zoo!... first there is the outdoor Koi pond with around 20 quite large koi carp.
    Then theres the malawi Ciclid species tank - which has grown to a huge population (they wont stop breeding!)
    I also have a biorb - the new square kind - beautiful tank but pretty boring fish like neon etc... I was planning on turning this into a female betta tank.
    I also have 2 Figure of 8 puffer fish, which are brilliant characters!
    And then theres the new empty tank - which I am Hoping to seperate into sections to allow for 3 betta males!
    ...phew, and thats it for the fish anyway!

Im sure I will be filling the forums up with all my questions soon... (sorry in advance)
    Laughing

Kayleigh
    kazzabaileyanna
    kazzabaileyanna
    plakat

Hi all..... Empty Re: Hi all.....

Post by kazzabaileyanna Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:06 am

Couple of quick questions...what does " MALE BETTA SD, pk line " mean in longhand??
    also im looking at a pineapple betta - is it called that because of the colour or something else??
    Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Post by Chard56 Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:33 am

Male Betta Super Delta, Plakat line. Plakat being shortfinned strain. Pineapple is a yellow Betta with black outlined scales so it looks like a pineapple. Sorry I live in the USA or I could get you some of my Betta's.
    kel
    kel
    Admin

Post by kel Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:48 am

Hi Kayleigh,
    welcome to the family Smile (it often feels like family!)
    I hope you're going to share some pics in the gallery at some point, we love piccies!

It will be a few weeks atleast before I have any more available but most forum members will mention on here when they've any to sell (angelwings might still have some of her orchid fry left and mr mayhem often has the odd gem in his lot thats he's got for sale.

" MALE BETTA SD, pk line " SD means super delta (approx 130-170 degree tail spread)

what it really means...

The male looks/is super delta by finnage size defination but parents are short finned plakats (who must have had a long finned ancestor in the background to generate the long fins in this male and probably a few of the other fry). These cross breed types will give you many finnage types in the fry and can do for a few generations before the rogue finnage types are completely removed from the line with selective breeding.

Pineapple is a colour pattern.. they are pineapple yellow but they also have black/brown outlining on the body scales, they also often have the thin black banding to the fins... quick example [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

kel
    kel
    Admin

Post by kel Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:51 am

I've moved your last question over here..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Storm
    Admin

Post by Storm Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:59 am

Welcome to the forum Smile
    Mr Mayhem
    Mr Mayhem
    king crown

Post by Mr Mayhem Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:28 am

hi and welcome to bettabred great forum loads of helpfull members
    Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

Post by Nataliey Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Hello and Welcome Very Happy
    Nina
    Nina
    white hmpk

Post by Nina Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:47 pm

hello there and welcome to the forum , please vote for us on aquarank by clicking on the big banner on the home page or the small banner on certain members posts, like the one at the bottom of mine............thanks!

:angelaqua:
    Mr Mayhem
    Mr Mayhem
    king crown

Post by Mr Mayhem Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:51 am

hiand welcome to the family as kel says this is prob the best forum in the world if not the best in the uk for betta's

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:21 pm