Betta Bred

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Betta Bred

3 posters

Two new rescues! Ones in really bad shape!

MoonShadow
    MoonShadow
    hmpk

Two new rescues! Ones in really bad shape!  Empty Two new rescues! Ones in really bad shape!

Post by MoonShadow Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:37 pm

These 2 came in today in our new fish shipment at work! I couldn't just leave them there, so home they came with me!

This is Tang, he's just gorgeous, really healthy which is surprising considering the bag he was shipped in sprung a leak and when he arrived there was just enough water in the bag to keep him from drying out. I couldn't believe he was alive!! So he came home with me! He's just gorgeous!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is Sailor... he's got one of the worst cases of popeye I've ever seen on a betta! The poor thing! The left side of his head is so swollen from the infection that the scales are sticking up... but he is swimming and eating so that makes me happy! Hopefully I can pull him through this!

Liz2
    Liz2
    hmpk

Two new rescues! Ones in really bad shape!  Empty Re: Two new rescues! Ones in really bad shape!

Post by Liz2 Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:24 am

well done you for rescuing them. The popeye isnt really that bad, one of my old red bettas was worse than that. 2 doses of treatment and he is swimming like a good one. Bit tatty round the fins but he has been poorly....x
    MoonShadow
    MoonShadow
    hmpk

Two new rescues! Ones in really bad shape!  Empty Re: Two new rescues! Ones in really bad shape!

Post by MoonShadow Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:45 am

Just a quick update!!

Tang Day #4 - He's doing FABULOUS!! What a gorgeous boy, I almost want to take a crack at breeding veiltails one last time using him and my new green dt girl from basement bettas!!

Sailor Day #2 - on day 2 his eye was looking slighly better

Sailor Day #3 - on day 3 (yesterday) Sailors eye sort of "popped" and began bleeding. I have him a 100% water change and hopped the eye would drain, I added salt and methalyne blue into the water to help prevent infection. This morning his eye looked a lot better, its 1/2 the size it was when I got him on Tuesday.
    kel
    kel
    Admin

Post by kel Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:56 am

poor sailor Sad that gotta hurt! hope he pulls thru hun, he has slight raising on his head scale by the look of things too, got my fingers crossed!

Tang looks great compared the bent/clamped fins on getting home, I'm not surprised you've taken a shine to him!

What Aquatic/pet place are your working in? is it a chain one or small provate place.. would you consider giving us a review?

Liz2
    Liz2
    hmpk

Post by Liz2 Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:39 pm

ouch that looks sore...would the salt sting his eye?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content