Betta Bred

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Betta Bred

4 posters

I need help identifying my bettas

ennu79
    ennu79
    wriggler

I need help identifying my bettas Empty I need help identifying my bettas

Post by ennu79 Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:41 pm

hello. I am new to this forum. I have had bettas on and off for about 20 years. I have recently made two betta purchases, a male which is called a butterfly? and a female which i am not sure on. i would like to expand my knowledge and get into breeding and raising high quality, uniquely coloured bettas. So i guess at the moment i need advice on identifying the different types and also on the colour genetics. I would appreciate any help that i could be given on the subject. I will try and load pics of my fish later. Thank you in advance.
    Milngavie
    crowntail

I need help identifying my bettas Empty Re: I need help identifying my bettas

Post by Milngavie Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:05 am

Hi, welcome. A picture would help. There is a section on colours and genetics on the forum. Cheers
    Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Post by Chard56 Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:05 am

I do love my Butterflies. I have several strains that produce them but when breeding them you will also get solid colored and Marbled ones as well as various amounts of the butterfly effect. It sometimes skips a generation depending on the genetics of the parent fish.
    ennu79
    ennu79
    wriggler

Post by ennu79 Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:17 am

hi. the pic i have as my avatar is a pic of my male. It is not the best quality photo, hopefully someone can identify my male somewhat by it. thank you for the advice Milngavie, i have read the the colour and genetics forum. I am still a bit confused, i think it is because i have not figured out what the true name of the colours are for my fish.
    kel
    kel
    Admin

Post by kel Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here's some topics covering colours, read all and more in the genetics area, I need to adjust and update a lot of this so anywhere I've no example pictures please let me know and also what genetics you would like explained.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:27 am