Betta Bred

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Betta Bred

3 posters

new to bettabred

clay27
    wriggler

new to bettabred Empty new to bettabred

Post by clay27 Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:48 am

hi everyone, my name is Clayton and I am 33. I have been keeping fish for 10 years. I have gone through the phases. First was a bowl in the kitchen , then a 125 litre tank housing chiclids and other dither fish, then into 180lt for growing room. I then seen a 380lt Rena. This housed mubuna. I am now onto a 2ft cube marine set up. But I can't fight it anymore, I want a fighting fish. So hear I am. I need all the help I can get selecting a tank and selecting the right fish ie colour and fin type. I have had wild fish previously, sometimes they struggled with the foods.

so let the decisions begin.
    kel
    kel
    Admin

new to bettabred Empty Re: new to bettabred

Post by kel Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:02 am

Hi Clay,
    welcome Smile

best tank size is around 15ltrs fo a male or go bigger if you want to keep a few neons with him but pretty much 5 ltrs is absolute minimum but requires a lot of w/c and harder to keep stable.

The shorter finned varieties have less trouble with fin rot, colour is always a personal choice but be selective if you want show quality (eg. red wash in fins on blue finned fish is usually a fault)

Show fish are also more vulnerable to illness due to the inbreeding required to obtain the better shape and colours than standard pet shop grades but if you aren't intending to breed then it isn't important, they've all got their own unique personalities once you start talking to them and giving them one to one attention.

Any specific questions then post away; the majority of people here are breeders or have many bettas so there's usually someone about that knows their stuff.

Don't forget to check out the sales area and feel free to add links to fish or equipment if you want any opinions!

Bettas don't like strong water flow and are good at jumping so make sure they have a lid or atleast 2" gap between top and water line.
    2tall
    2tall
    black dragon

Post by 2tall Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi and welcome Clayton. There is a multitude of information available here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content