Betta Bred

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Betta Bred

3 posters

lazy sod

Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

lazy sod Empty lazy sod

Post by Chard56 Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:45 am

I lost the last spawn of my Red White and Blue Halfmoons from velvet so I spawned him again with a choice sib female. They should be nice and fully grown out by the summer, that's if I get any survivors. The male is going around at random sucking up fry that are at the top next to the glass and nonchalantly spitting then in proximity to the nest. I'm yelling at him like he can hear me,"what about the ones scattered all over the bottom you dumb*$$, leave the ones at the top alone their in no danger!! There are literally hundreds covering the bottom of the tank under the nest and he doesn't even look at them. He's not eating them but he's not taking care of them either. lazy sod DSC07269lazy sod DSC07270 I would love to have several dozen of these. I don't know if anyone will want to buy a patriotic colored Betta for the 4th of July instead of fireworks but I know they would sell anyway.lazy sod DSC06671
    kel
    kel
    Admin

lazy sod Empty Re: lazy sod

Post by kel Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:00 am

pretty boy there

Hope the babies do ok... I'm expecting a few similar ones out of my current bunch but most are looking more cambodian red.
    2tall
    2tall
    black dragon

Post by 2tall Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:51 am

I've seen the red, white and blue you have on Aquabid Chard and I'm tempted as I think
    hes a keeper!
    Chard56
    Chard56
    armageddon hm

Post by Chard56 Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:36 am

I don't have a lot of them left until I can get some more raised. And it looks like I'm going to have to start over with this guy. He's managed to eat the ones that were at the top and was picking up dead ones and spitting them in the nest then tries to pick them back up in his mouth before they hit bottom. I took him out first thing this morning but I don't even want to look for survivors. The last two spawns have been like that. I have 8 left from the last one and the methylene blue I ordered won't be here until Monday hopefully or I would have taken the male out sooner and probably had better success without him and added the meth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm