Betta Bred

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Betta Bred

+5
kel
silverrabbit
MandyD
KalandraJane
jessie1602
9 posters

Feathertail HM spawn

jessie1602
    jessie1602
    crowntail

Feathertail HM spawn - Page 3 Empty Re: Feathertail HM spawn

Post by jessie1602 Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:21 pm

You're right Sarah, it's like a never ending stream of worries LOL. They seem great this morning, put some more worms in as the worms on the bottom seem to have disappeared (there were tons too as I put too many in out of habit) and the fry seemed excited by that. Also gave them another minute sprinkling of betta starter. The dark coloured fry really interest me, I can wait to see what colour they will be!!!

Lou: I'll never use BBS with my spawns, I can just about do worms but the BBS would make me throw up. Worms are just soooo much easier too, I have limited space. I did try the Ocean Nutritian instant bbs but the CT's didn't go for it at all. I'm going to try a few new worm cultures as the fry get older to give them a variety, but I'm going to try and get them to take more powdered food once they get to a month old.
    jessie1602
    jessie1602
    crowntail

Post by jessie1602 Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:14 am

Hi all. Here's some pics of these HM babies taken this week. They all seem to be doing really well, very active, and haven't seen any corpses on the floor (that I can see anyway) so that's good! Having hydra problems in both fry tanks so am constantly picking the horrible hydra out of the tank grrrr. Once these guys hit two weeks I'm going to have a proper thorough (but gentle) clean out of their tank.

Feathertail HM spawn - Page 3 47173750

Feathertail HM spawn - Page 3 39007408

Feathertail HM spawn - Page 3 36414670

Feathertail HM spawn - Page 3 79288858

Feathertail HM spawn - Page 3 12277753
    Time-Out
    Time-Out
    green marble butterfly

Post by Time-Out Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:44 pm

It's been great catching up on the full story. It's been like watching a series after having heard a friend give you a summary. I can't wait for the next episode!
    Storm
    Admin

Post by Storm Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Great pictures jess Smile
    silverrabbit
    silverrabbit
    red butterfly

Post by silverrabbit Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:44 am

Aww yay Smile
    jessie1602
    jessie1602
    crowntail

Post by jessie1602 Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:14 am

Well I haven't needed to update this diary much, as nothing seemed to be happening with the fry..they didn't seem to be growing much! But as I was doing a water change today I accidentally sucked up a few, and noticed the range of sizes. One was by far the biggest of the lot, and seemed to be on target for 2 weeks old. He had a good visible caudal spread on the end of his little tail, and I even got a glimpse of his tiny pecs. One of the others was a little smaller, and the other two were smaller still. But the fry are growing! Now I look properly into the tank, many of them are clearly visible pottering around on the tank floor, and nearly all of them have obvious caudal growth. It's so cute!

I'm thrilled they finally seem to be progressing. I think the two BIG water changes on top of the smaller ones I've done recently, and the massive clearout of the tank floor, have kicked started their growth. They seem well enough, I'm hoping I won't lose any more, or very few, as I don't seem to have many! I maintain throughout this whole time, I've only ever found 3 maybe 4 bodies..so who knows where they are! The most I've counted today is 16 at one time. They're quite a range of colours too, some are white, some are a sandy colour with black marking and/or red eyes, a couple are a dark smokey colour. I'm intrigued to see what colours they'll all grow into ^^

Here's some pics taken today, they're not very clear unfortunately.

The first two are of one of the biggest fry, he's a sandy sort of colour with a tiny bit of red in his face.

Feathertail HM spawn - Page 3 Hm3w

Feathertail HM spawn - Page 3 Hm2s

This pic is of one of the darker smokey coloured fry. Post if you can spot him, he's at the surface!!!!!

Feathertail HM spawn - Page 3 Hm1y

Jess ^^
    silverrabbit
    silverrabbit
    red butterfly

Post by silverrabbit Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:08 am

Haha I see him, right in the middle of the floating plants Smile

Great pics hun, wish I could focus on my ickle one like you do
    MandyD
    MandyD
    orange rose tail

Post by MandyD Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:15 am

Awww they are dinky little one's! Well done on getting them this far hun x
    kel
    kel
    Admin

Post by kel Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:17 am

maybe we should do that for a competition... spot the fry lol

jessie1602
    jessie1602
    crowntail

Post by jessie1602 Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:57 pm

kel wrote:maybe we should do that for a competition... spot the fry lol

lol!
    Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

Post by Nataliey Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:16 pm

How's the little un's doing?
    jessie1602
    jessie1602
    crowntail

Post by jessie1602 Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:31 am

I've been so slack in updating these diaries! The HM's are all thriving, they're a bit shy though and quite skittish and hate me taking pics, although if I sit by the tank long enough they all peep out from their hiding places at me , and eventually swim to the front of the tank to look at me, so they're slowly getting friendlier. They're all different colours, most with some red and some dark purple in varying degrees, and a couple of pure creamy white ones. I'm moving all the fry into a big 130L grow out tank next weekend so will try and take new pics then! x
    silverrabbit
    silverrabbit
    red butterfly

Post by silverrabbit Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:53 am

wow they sound gorgeous Smile
    Storm
    Admin

Post by Storm Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Come on hun get some pictures up lol, and more updates Smile loool.
    jessie1602
    jessie1602
    crowntail

Post by jessie1602 Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:20 am

Haha, I logged into Hotmail and saw 8 topic updates from betta bred. I thought to myself "Storm's been doing his rounds again!" :-P

I know I'm useless at the forum at the moment, been quite ill and hard to do kids, fish and then write about them too!!! But I promise I will take some good ones too..the HM's are looking super cute. I only have 10 (no idea why, I've only ever found 4 bodies since they hatched!) but they're an interesting mix of colours so far, and getting very bold and interactive with each other and their surroundings. I sit and watch them at feeding time for ages! Some are an orangy colour, assuming they'll be red like their parents. But some are showing a dark purpley colour, even scaling, with a dark stripe running down their body. And some are white, even the big ones!

This pic was taken a few days ago but it's not very clear, I'll take better ones when they sit still for one second lol:

Feathertail HM spawn - Page 3 28208416

silverrabbit
    silverrabbit
    red butterfly

Post by silverrabbit Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:56 am

Awwee cute Very Happy
    jessie1602
    jessie1602
    crowntail

Post by jessie1602 Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:10 am

Hi all.

I've been quite ill over the last few months, in and out of hospital and now on the road to recovery. I have had little time for the forums what with hospital stuff and taking care of my kids, and christmas stuff. I managed to keep all my fish healthy with weekly water changes and such while I was ill, but I couldn't manage the 2 - 3 weekly water changes to keep the fry growing quickly, so some of them are a bit on the small side. I spent days this week doing big water changes and clean ups of all my tanks. I have alot of pics taken today, which are in my Facebook album, the link is below if anyone wants to see how they're doing. I fortunately didn't have any deaths over the winter with my bettas, save for a couple of very stressed out girls last month who didn't like the transition from their old sorority tank to the new one. I sold a lot of my females and a few males a few months ago to help me keep on top of all the care the fish needed while I was ill.

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=462256&l=90d5c6b134&id=515040187

Hope you like the pics of the fry that are growing up, they're very lovely little fish, super friendly and eating everything I give them, including pellets! The recent photos that I added today start at picture number 105. I probably won't be able to post as often as I used to, but thought I would update you all on the two spawns, and I hope everyone and their fish are doing well. Happy New Year!

Jess x

PS. I'm going to post this on my other breeding diary, so apologies if that's really annoying lol!
    sgraye
    sgraye
    mahachai

Post by sgraye Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:25 am

The fry look great, still loads bigger than mine, i only have four left but am still pleased i got this far with them, nice to have you back, was wondering where you were,
    Nataliey
    Nataliey
    Admin

Post by Nataliey Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:36 am

sgraye wrote:The fry look great, still loads bigger than mine, i only have four left but am still pleased i got this far with them, nice to have you back, was wondering where you were,

They look so big now, i also wondered how you where and hadnt seen you on here much now i know why...hope you are doing okay now tho. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 pm